Friday, September 8, 2017

20170717 Missed Steel Erection at Forest Site

(If you are new to this blog, please start at the beginning and follow the "next" link at the bottom of each post.)

2:30  I must have been busy during the day and did not get down here until almost quitting time. They pumped concrete somewhere today because the operator is cleaning out the truck.
 A chance to get a closeup of the other side of the truck.
I moved to my right so that the orange barrier would not block my view of the clean out. You can see the pile of concrete that he is leaving beside the ramp.
At the Forest site they also poured concrete today because a truck is backing up to the wet dumpster for a clean out.

 Rats, I missed the erection of more steel columns and beams.
 They have a new row of steel beams on both sides of the construction entrance.
Here is where they were pouring concrete. They added a poured concrete floor on top of the concrete pre-stressed slabs. Those red things are four powered finishing machines. On a later day, I did catch them in operation when they poured another area of the floor. When I see that operation, I'll learn that they use a concrete pump truck to pour the floor. So today both sites pumped concrete. We can also see another view of the steel work they built today. Unfortunately, this was the last steel work at this site, so I never did catch that action.
 2:50  As I walk home, I have to wait at the crossing for an inbound commuter.
 2:57  I have crossed the tracks and walked back to Main Street. When I was about a block away I turned around to see why the bells were ringing again. It was a freight.
 It looks like it is a run-through with CSX.
The window of visibility between the trees is too small to catch the numbers. But they were two different CSX locomotives because they had two different old paint schemes. I have a low opinion of CSX, and it would not surprise me if they send their junk locomotives to BNSF on the run-through trains.
 It looks like it is a unit grain train.
So I don't bother to take any more hopper photos since I have a poor vantage point and since CSX grain trains are boring. (I will watch a BNSF grain train because sometimes they have about a handful of old hoppers still in the BN Cascade Green pain scheme.)
(next)

No comments:

Post a Comment