Saturday, August 12, 2017

20170629 Ambulance, Form Construction, Retaining Wall, Slow Amtrak, Mixed Freight

(If you are new to this blog, please start at the beginning and follow the "next" link at the bottom of each post.)

On my walk to downtown, an ambulance just stopped at the doctors office I go to. When I saw a fire truck was also coming, I stopped to see what was happening.
3:03:50  The three paramedics that came in the ambulance rushed into the office with their bags of equipment. Then two men from the fire truck got the stretcher out of the ambulance and took that in while another fireman who noticed me taking pictures walked over to me and asked if I needed help. So they send a fire truck to provide additional labor so the three paramedics can concentrate on the patient. I hope the firemen come back to the truck as soon as they deliver the stretcher and the truck leaves because they are blocking two of the three traffic lanes.
2:07:48  I wonder if that fire truck down by the Tivoli is the one above. If so, they caused a traffic hazard for a while. Zooming in, its not. The one at the doctors office was 105 while the one going past the Tivoli is 103.
An American flag is hanging from the cable holding the hook. I learned later that does not mean it is parked. They sometimes use it with the flag.
My view into the construction area has been reduced :-(
Another view of the base of the crane.
This is my first construction walk so this is my first picture of the M&M site. I'm standing on the sidewalk at their construction entrance. They are building the forms for the top half of the "basement" wall next to Maple Avenue. This building will have underground parking.
I have already used one of these early pictures in a post about retaining walls.
The historical society is again putting pictures in store fronts showing what the building used to look like.
I crossed the street to get a "now" picture of the building in the above historical photo. The fence on the right is the beginning of the construction site.
2:27:42  As I walk back home, an Amtrak Superliner crawls through the town. They normally go close to their track speed of 70mph
2:27:54


2:29:16
2:29:20  In the meantime, here comes an outbound commuter on M1.
2:30:02  While the Amtrak still struggles to get out of town on M2 and it looks like an eastbound freight is coming on M3. By now I have walked from Main to Forest where I can get better views of the trains.
2:30:10
2:30:18  You can tell by the smoke coming out of the engines that the Amtrak is finally picking up some speed.
2:30:38
2:30:48

2:32:26
2:33.02


The CSX covered coil car has a Conrail logo on the car and a NYC reporting mark. I was informed that CSX got the NYC cars when Conrail was split up.
Screenshot
 I also captured screenshots of the tank cars that had a placard. (Facebooked)

3257: 131 Nitriles, poisonous, flammable, n.o.s

These two 3257 cars were blocked together.

1202 128 Diesel fuel
1202 128 Fuel oil
1202 128 Gas oil
1202 128 Heating oil, light

2428 140 Sodium chlorate, aqueous
solution

1136 128 Coal tar distillates, flammable

1993 128 Combustible liquid, n.o.s.
1993
128 Compounds, cleaning liquid
(flammable)
1993
128 Compounds, tree or weed
killing, liquid (flammable)
1993
128 Diesel fuel
1993
128 Flammable liquid, n.o.s.
1993
128 Fuel oil  

3475 127 Ethanol and gasoline mixture,
with more than 10% ethanol
(next)

No comments:

Post a Comment